As the holidays approach, many people believe that meeting family takes away their choice because they have to meet their needs. Just because someone has needs of you doesn’t mean you don’t have choice. Needs are nothing but an interesting point-of-view.
Listen to Susanna share why we shouldn’t stress being around family this holiday season. Most of the time, family is an institution of people wanting you to stay as you always have been and not change. What if that is ok? Let go of expectations and judgements and enjoy whatever is and how joyful you can make your visits this year.
On today’s podcast:
– Do you really have to meet your family?
– What if you choose not to be triggered anymore?
– What if you choose to be a “bad person” because it gives you choice?
– What if you don’t have any expectations in regards to your family?
– Who are you beyond what is familiar to you?
– What are you beyond your relationships?
– What if family is something totally different from what you thought it is?